Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Restless Nights


I'm finding it harder and harder to sleep at night. At first it was to make sure the baby was okay but I always managed to sleep after I knew he was sleeping peacefully. I've been having really weird dreams when I do sleep too. Some people said that being pregnant would bring strange dreams when I slept, but I never had them. Now I'm having really peculiar dreams and nightmares. I've had dreams where some of it is in black and white, like old movies, and some of it is in color. I've had dreams where the world was ending and I kept trying to find my family after I died. Once I did find them they were all back at my grandma's house and there was a huge movie screen that let you watch anything you wanted as long as it was in the world you were on and not someone else's. But those dreams were before and now I can't sleep at all. I went to bed at four this morning. I did have a nap around one in the afternoon but it was only an hour, maybe even less because the baby woke up and wanted to eat.
*
Poor Pastor has had to sleep on the couch a few times. Between me and the baby he gets little sleep and he needs his rest to work two jobs. I'm grateful to have him, I don't know where I'd be without such a loving wonderful husband.
*
Anyway, Baby Duane is acting a lot better. His legs didn't swell up where they gave him the shots, which was something the doctor said to look out for, and he doesn't have a fever either. He smiled a ton of really cute smiles when Pastor got home. He hadn't smiled all day and the second Pastor picked him up, he grinned ear to ear. It was the sweetest thing ever! He's got such cute dimples. We video taped one of the smiles but it was hard because every time I get the camera out, he stares at it and stops smiling. I would post the video if I knew how, I guess that's something for me to learn in these restless nights.

No comments: