Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baby #2's Name (Changed)

I think we've finally decided FOR SURE what we're going to name baby #2. (No promises). We once said it was going to be Jonathan Taylor, a name I spent a while convincing Pastor of, but this all changed last Saturday when we were on our way home from having fun at a volleyball party. Duane was strapped in his seat, Pastor and I were sitting up front just talking. I don't even remember what we were talking about, but it wasn't baby #2. I was probably saying something about how silly I felt while playing volleyball. As we were driving, Duane popped his bottle out of his little mouth and said "avan, avan!" I'm still not sure what he was really trying to say, but Pastor and I looked at each other and I said, "that would be a cute name." I actually really liked it, but didn't want to admit that to Pastor after the stink I'd put up about Jonathan Taylor. Pastor's face lit up and he agreed! About ten minutes later we decided to change baby #2's name.

So there it is, Avan Jonathan. I've never heard the name Avan before, but I'm sure someone out there has it. I like that Duane had something to do with naming his brother as well.

And since none of my posts should go without a picture ;), here is Duane on Sunday in his Sunday best. It was right after church and he was cranky, but he's still adorable.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love it! It is original and fresh. Way to go Duane...