Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Breaking Dawn

So I finished the last book in the Twilight saga. I was glad to read what happened to Bella Swan, but I sometime get nervous as a series of books will come out. I'm always afraid the author will have some sort of emergency and won't finish what they started. When I was waiting year by year for the next Harry Potter book to come out, I kept hoping that JK Rowling didn't pull a Douglas Adams and die as she was writing the last book.
But anyway, I did enjoy the book, just not as much as I thought I would. It was definitely different from the rest and there are quite a few things that pop up that I surely wasn't expecting. I really was expecting the Romeo and Juliet ending where Edward held out and wouldn't let the love of his life go through what he had to go through. Kind of like Tuck Everlasting. Even though the ending is sad, you're glad that Winnie made the decision she did. I can't say the same of this book. Like I said, I enjoyed it, but was expecting something completely different.

No comments: