Sunday, August 30, 2009

Letter From My Brother

Dear Alexandria and Canayo Family, 8.23.2009

I wrote in black to you too! Lol. I'm glad to hear that you all used Pastor's time off to it's full potential. You all did a bunch of things that whole week. You were keeping as busy as I have. I'm so jealous you watched Benjamin Button, that one looked super good. I'll have to watch that one when I get home. Oh, why would you go swimming in the Great Salt Lake? Ew!! I love swimming in dead shrimp and insects, lol jk. That's so cute Duane is infatuated with planes. You will have to tell him when he becomes a pilot, he has to take me somwhere cool! You definately will have to send me those pics. Mom as a terrorist sounds hilarious! That's so sad Pastor has to go back to school/work, but if he's working now, he'll be set-up later in life and you can relax then I guess. Oh, you think you're sad g'ma can't send me brownies, I'm distraught! I love those brownies, lol, they are the best. Today is Sunday, it's kind of more relaxed on Sundays. We had an 8k road march yesterday to the shooting range. It wouldn't have been too bad, except it was in full battle rattle and a full ruck-sack. (15-20 lbs. bullet-proof vest, helmate, eye wear, rifle, ammo vest which holds water containers. The ruck-sack is about 30-40 lbs. added on, it sucks!). So, today I've been kind of relaxed, went to church and came back to do some laundry and clean the barracks a little. This week we have rifle qualifications and our 10k road march. The good thing about being that busy is the week should go by pretty quick, right? Oh, and we are qualifying for granades. I get to throw 2 actual grenades! I hope I don't drop them! Well, I better be getting ready for bed. I hope everything back home is going well for you guys. Love you all. Miss ya. Tell everyone I love them for me.

Love,
Paul

No comments: