Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Little Miracle

We weren't married three months before I realized I was preggers with our first child. We were a little shocked because we werne't planning on having a child so quickly. After a few visits to the doctor, we found out we were going to have a boy. The baby was due on April 22 and when he didn't come that day, I was scheduled to have the hospital start labor on the 27. We were all ready to go to the hospital and we were supposed to be there by 7pm. On the morning of the 27, around 4am I started having labor pains and we went to the hospital ER at 5:30am. After five hours of all natural labor, our son was born weighing 8 lbs 13 ounces.
The pregnancy was a little scary for the both of us. I was scared mosly because I'd never had a child before and you hear all these horror stories from everyone once they know you're pregnant. I kept hearing stories of people who had lost their child before the baby was even born. I also heard stories about horrible labor and deliveries. Oh man!
After our son was born, all the fear that I ever felt changed to joy. I had never been so happy in my life. Now I love my son more everyday. We named him Duane Eusebio after both of our grandpas who had passed on. My grandpa, Duane, had just passed away a few months earlier and Pastor's grandfather, Eusebio, a few years earlier. We actually had a girl name picked out as well just in case. If Duane had been a girl we would have named him Adrilda Mae. But I'm so overjoyed with my son!

No comments: