Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun at BBQ



We went to an elders quorum dinner tonight. Everyone loved looking at the baby. Several of the sisters there commented on how baby Duane is very strong. One sister said that he had a very strong neck and back. I agreed and told her that he came to this earth holding his head up.

The food was yummy, which is to be expected, but someone made a peach cobbler in the dutch oven. Well, it was a peach-raspberry cobbler and boy was it yummy! I was telling Pastor that I hadn't had such a yummy cobbler in a long time.
-
It was a great evening and we had tons of fun. Baby Duane was interested in everything and anything. He's so smart, I can see the wheels in his head turning as he processes all he sees. I wonder what he would say if he could tell me his thoughts.

By the time we got home, he was so tuckered out that he didn't even scream to be rocked to sleep. That in itself was pretty amazing because he's started yelling at the top of his lungs when he gets too tired to deal with life and I have to bounce around or rock him to sleep to soothe his tantrum. Luckily things were different this evening.

1 comment:

Jo Romero said...

Glad to find a blogger in the ward! I will send you an invite to our blog. laters