Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cub Scouts

He went to his first official scouts meeting!! I was worried he would expect scouts to always be racing derby cars and winning prizes. His leaders were very warm and welcoming. Not to mention, they had mini cinnamon buns. They know the way to a little boys heart, especially this one! He learned how to tie some knot that I didn't catch the name of. He told me he never wants to miss a meeting. :) I just want him to stop growing so fast!
While Duane was in his scouts meeting, we ventured over to the park across the street instead of heading home. Avan has been feeling a bit left out because he's not old enough to get baptized or join scouts or any of the cool and fun things Duane's been doing lately. I knew if we went home he would feel down the entire time, so we explored the park. It's not a park with a playground, but there's plenty of space to play! There was this awesome pine tree they all fit under. They were running circles around the trunk and laughing hysterically. They thought it was pretty neat to run under the branches that way.
While we near the tree, Adi stops and says, "mama, take my picture!" She's been calling me "mama" a lot lately and it makes my heart just throb!! Anyway, I look over and she's doing this...
She's such a cutie. I'll take your picture anytime Adi! <3

No comments: