Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Dream Of

I think the biggest dream I ever had was to get married and become a mom. I always knew I wanted kids and love living my dream every day.

There are things outside of being a mom and wife that I dream of too. For example, I dream of publishing a book. I want to become a writer and work toward this dream every day. It's actually very difficult for me NOT to work on it because there is always a story churning in my head. It's almost like a disease. If you ever look at me and I seem dazed it's because I'm daydreaming about the next bit of the book I'm working on.

Another example of my dreams is one that very few understand and that is to own a goat farm. I love goats. I love the way they will come up to you and put their head in your stomach so you will scratch their heads. I love the way they nibble your skin. My father owned two dairy goats when I was a Junior in high school. I milked one of them every morning and every night until I left. I miss having goats and wish for a farm of them!

Speaking of farms, that's another thing I dream of. I wouldn't only raise goats, but produce as well. I dream of the day when the only things we need at the grocery store are lightbulbs, batteries and toilet paper. I know I'm exaggerating a tad, but you get the idea. I love to farm and hope we can one day have enough property to do so.

I guess I'm a little old fashioned. I enjoy making pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkins, not the canned kind. I like making my own jam and canning and growing my own food. I dream of sharing this love with my kids.

No comments: