Thursday, February 17, 2011

Excitement!

I am nervous and excited to say that I will be submitting a manuscript to a publishing company. Not a lot of people know that I like write before I started work on this story. It's an adventure love story sort of novel, but not one of those icky romances.

There is a history behind my love of writing love stories. I am a hopeless romantic and always have been. I love princess stories filled with magic and adventure and mystical beasts. I don't love romance books where the only climax is the kissing stuff. :s I can barely stand seeing people kiss in public. When I was a teenager, I read all the books in this genre I could get my hands on, but there weren't many. That's how I started writing my own. I never thought it would amount to anything, but I liked doing it so I continued.

I'm still not sure it will ever amount to anything, but, like I've told a few friends, I have to try. I'm on pins and needles to find out if a publishing company will accept my manuscript. I know the chances are actually quite slim and expect to be rejected a few times before I get it right, but I will never know unless I try. The worst that will happen is it will be declined and I'll wind up taking a writing course from the community college and trying again.

All the same, wish me luck!! I'll need it. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are finally doing it!

It will work out because you have yourself some amazing writing skills.

Good Luck!

Jessica

Jungle MOM said...

Thanks Jessica!! You're so sweet!