Monday, November 23, 2009

Practice Run

Two weeks ago I finally was able to send Duane with my mom for a few hours. I've had a hard time with the idea of being away from my baby, but know that I'm going to have to be separated with him when we go to the hospital to have Avan. I didn't want Duane to associate his first time away from his parents with the day that we had Avan and I was really nervous about being away so I asked my mom if she would be willing to take Daune a few times before then just so both he and I could get used to it.

The past two Saturdays Duane has gone with his grandma for a while. The first week I struggled with it so much that my mom just took Duane to the McDonald's next to the Wal-Mart we were shopping at so I could know he was close. When we transferred Duane's car seat to my mom's vehicle and said goodbye, he cried for a few seconds then was fine. It took me a little longer. I was surprised that he didn't cry longer though, I was so sure he needed me THAT much. LOL

This past week, when we put Duane's car seat in my mom's car, he just waved bye to us and we went on our merry way. He was at grandma's house for nearly four hours and did wonderfully. He was spoiled rotten too! When we got there, he kept saying "go, go," which I think he was saying because he'd missed his nap and wanted to go home to his bed. But as we were leaving, he gave his grandparents a kiss, which says a lot about how much he loves them. Duane doesn't give kisses very often.

I was really impressed with how well Duane did and know that some of it has to do with my mom making him feel welcome and loved in her home. Thank you mommy! I think this little exercise was more for me than for Duane. :)

1 comment:

Marci Dawn said...

I just came across your blog from your facebook! soooo cute. :)