Thursday, November 6, 2008

What is the World Coming to?

I'm sorry, I have to say something about the fiasco that happened in the Granite School District. A 19 year old boy was caught red handed with a 13 year old girl. They were both in his car with their shirts off. How did he meet this girl and wind up in his car with her? He was a substitute teacher at her school. He was texting her back and forth all day after getting her number. I can't imagine what people are thinking when they hire a 19 year old male to teach at a junior high school! No offense intended to all 19 year old people, but I do not think that is an old enough age to allow someone access to teach other teenagers. The guy was 19 years old! In my opinion, there should be an age limit. I know that won't catch all the danger, but hormones are raging much strong in a little 19 year old boy than a mature adult. I'm outraged that this happened. I'm upset that he was at the school in the first place, he doesn't even look older than 16 in the picture posted on abc4.com. (http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=88efc6da-e621-4a2c-a7b9-6307b17d712f) Since when do children teach children in a formal environment? Am I the only one who sees a problem with this scenario?

No comments: