Thursday, March 24, 2011

One of the Best

I think I might make some people sick by how much I talk about my brother. I'm sorry if this is true and you are one of them. I can't help but be proud, so I was more than proud when we had the chance to greet him at the National Guard Base as he arrived home after serving in Afghanistan. I have never been to welcome a military member home and have to say that it was one of the best things I've ever done in my life. Being in a crowd who were all so proud of their father/mother, brother/sister, uncle/aunt ect. was amazing. The vibe and emotions when the soldiers come from the plane was indescribable and the deafening roar that ensued gave me goosebumps.

Of course seeing this . . .



And doing things like this . . .




Was great fun too!

I am so proud my boys have an example like my brother in their lives and I'm proud to brimming for the service he so selflessly renders. Like any perfect sister, I don't tell him enough. I love you Paulie Wog! :)

1 comment:

House said...

I love this post! You are such a good sister!